If you’ve discovered the truth about water fluoridation you’ll be aware of how important it is to filter fluoride out of your drinking water. All too often, the fluoride that’s used in our municipal drinking water comes contaminated with arsenic, lead, and other heavy metals. Although water treatment officials will claim the concentrations are below a detectable level, they cannot comment on the safety of long term ingestion of such substances. Because water fluoridation has not been proven to be safe, it’s a good idea to filter your tap water if your town add’s fluoride to the municipal drinking water.
Some filters will not remove fluoride from the water. For example, Brita filters, regular carbon filters or activated charcoal filters do not take fluoride out of the water.
Here are 5 filtration methods that will remove fluoride from your drinking water:
- Reverse Osmosis systems: In Owen Sound there are two stores, The Water Store and Water Depot that offer reverse osmosis water for purchase. They also sell reverse osmosis systems that you can install into your home. Reverse Osmosis is effective and convenient, but can be pricey for some folks. If price is an issue, we suggest looking into activated alumina filtration methods.
- Activated Alumina filters: Berkey Water Filters offer activated alumina filters that you can add to their system. This is a simple, counter top option. Click here to check out Berkey filters. There is also a company out of Toronto, ON. that sells an economic activated alumina filter. Click here to check out their filters.
- Distillation: Also an effective way to remove fluoride and other contaminates from drinking water. Systems very in price but are generally expensive. Search online for options.
- Ion exchange resin filters: Typically a more expensive approach to filtering fluoride out of the water. Search online for sellers.
- Bone Char filters: Can be harder to find in North America. Search online for options.